Americans, including many who never worked with a Travel Advisor before, are turning to Travel Advisors as they anticipate resuming vacation plans. Here are some of the reasons that it makes sense to rely on a Travel Advisor during these times.
1. Save Time We all know time is money, so why waste it researching airlines, cruise ships, hotels, and other travel suppliers when you can lean on an expert who has experienced them first-hand? While you should research which places you want to go (research shows that even the act of planning travel creates happiness) there's no need to spend your valuable time over the tedious and less interesting details such as hotel reviews and flight options.
2. Avoid Stress Things that require a significant amount of time and money inevitably tends to create headaches and stress. If recent times have taught us anything it's that self-care is of prime importance. Working with a Travel Advisor who can do the complex parts for you is an easy way to reduce the amount of stress in your life while still being able to get excited about future travel.
3. Rely on an Expert Few people travel as much as Travel Advisors. They are constantly educating themselves on the industry and what's coming next. While COVID-19-related travel restrictions are constantly changing, it's your Travel Advisor's job to be up to date and in the know. For many, the thought of planning travel in the time of coronavirus makes them feel lost or overwhelmed but that's where a Travel Advisor can step in and provide expert advice, recommendations and even alternate options when need be.
Would you invest your life savings without an expert? or build a home? Your vacation is just as important for your well-being and you should rely on an expert when it comes to planning and booking.
4. Travel Options are More Complex Than They Used to Be With the current environment including retiring cruise ships, Covid testing requirements, Vaccine travel passports, Staycations, Pod vacations, never mind the new resorts, and new airline fare categories, keeping up with the options is a full-time job. Having a professional help with the planning and logistics can have a big impact on how much you spend and how much you enjoy your vacation.
5. The Personal Experience Often the best travel deal isn't the one that best suits you. By working with a Travel Advisor, you'll make sure that you get the best possible deal for the trip you actually want to take. Unlike a search engine, a Travel Advisor will take your personal preferences into consideration before seeking out your ideal getaway.
6. You’ll Support Small Business Like many other small and family-owned businesses, travel agencies have been massively impacted by the pandemic and they need the support from those same people who they've helped over the years. Supporting your local Travel Advisor is just another way you can support small businesses and do your part to help jumpstart your local economy.
7. Get special Access Travel Advisors have access that Online Travel Sites and average travelers themselves don't have. They are much more likely to enhance your trip with some unexpected and authentic moments. It might just be a surprise bottle of champagne upon arrival at your honeymoon resort or a last-minute suite upgrade. There's no guarantee but working with an Advisor ensures that you have someone looking out for you behind the scenes.
8. Leverage Their Passion The role of the Travel Advisor might be different than what it was decades ago but this group's relentless passion for exploration is among the many reasons they remain so vital today and have been able to overcome past crises including 9/11 and the Great Recession. A great Travel Advisor can get you excited to see the world and keep you inspired to stay the course in those moments when you aren't so sure. In the time of COVID-19, a good Advisor will never pressure you to travel but can help plan your dream trip for the time when you are more comfortable with heading out to explore again.
9. You Get an Instant Network When you work with a Travel Advisor, you not only benefit from their expertise but from their many connections. No travel professional has been everywhere, and it would be impossible for them to know everyone and everything. But they've undoubtedly participated in FAM (familiarization) trips where they were able to network with other Advisors and initiate lasting relationships with key players in the travel and tourism industry. This network is something they lean on when it comes to planning the best vacation for their clients. You are getting so much more than just one Travel Advisor when you work with them.
10. A Human Connection that Travels with You Unlike an online travel engine, your Travel Advisor is with you for the duration of your trip. If you run into any problems such as a last-minute flight cancellation you will have a real person to contact for assistance. Even when an unexpected obstacle is outside of their control, a trusted Advisor will go to bat for you and keep in communication until the situation is resolved. You're never alone when you have a Travel Advisor to lean on.
11. Travel Advisors Not Only Save You Money, They Deliver more Value for Your Vacation Dollars When working with a Travel Advisor, the value you receive will be bigger than what you paid. Cruise lines, luxury hotels, and many resorts get the majority of their customers through Travel Advisors and they reward the best ones with perks to share with you. Travel Advisors consistently get access to the best rooms, upgrades, and special features that are just not available in online databases.