I know that 2020 has been a very trying year for all of us. Too much time on our hands, not able to socialize without being 6 feet apart, everything shut down. I’m feeling a bit of cabin fever myself. It makes me ponder what my future travel options are, as well as my clients. These are my thoughts: I do believe that international travel is not going to be possible for the foreseeable future. However, when wanderlust does hit, when you feel you need to make plans for an escape/getaway/break, a domestic trip to our beautiful 50 states is certainly within reach. Whether that be a city escape, ocean or country, to your favorite destination or a new one that’s been on your list, please let me know, I’m a champion at organizing road trips, tours, or whatever here at home.
TOP 5 RESORTS DRIVEABLE FROM CONCORD NEW HAMPSHIRE
1. The Manor on Golden Pond, Holderness New Hampshire Nestled on the gentle slopes of Shepard Hill, overlooking pristine Squam Lake and with the White Mountains to the North - The Manor On Golden Pond is situated on 15 landscaped acres studded with majestic pines that whisper in the breeze. Located in central New Hampshire, a short drive north of Winnipesaukee in Holderness, The Manor On Golden Pond is 2 hours from Boston, MA and Portland, ME and an hour from the Manchester Airport. The Manor On Golden Pond features 25 spacious and beautifully appointed guest chambers, including two sumptuous suites. Each guest chamber has breathtaking views of Squam Lake or the White Mountains; and the majority have working fireplaces. Some guest rooms have private porches, decks or balconies. Breakfast at The Manor On Golden Pond is a major event and even though guests have the option of breakfast in their guest chamber, most choose the fireside atmosphere of the original dining room. Virtuoso Amenities: Upgrade on arrival subject to availability, full country breakfast daily served in the restaurant, $100 Spa services credit, early check in/late checkout subject to availability, complimentary Wi-Fi.
2. Boston Harbor Hotel, Boston Massachusetts A member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts LEGEND Collection, Boston’s only Forbes Five-Star waterfront hotel welcomes guests arriving by land or sea. Located on the historic Rowes Wharf, the Boston Harbor Hotel’s inviting ambiance and unparalleled service provide the ideal home away from home for travelers. Luxurious accommodations with sweeping views of Boston’s cityscape or breathtaking waterfront, a contemporary spa and fitness center, world-class dining and a 34-slip marina make the Boston Harbor Hotel a destination Beyond Compare. Virtuoso Amenities: Upgrade on arrival subject to availability, full breakfast daily for two guests per bedroom ($30 credit per person), $100 Hotel credit to be utilized during stay (not combinable, not valid on room rate, no cash value if not redeemed in full, early check in/late checkout subject to availability, complimentary Wi-Fi.
3. Cliff House Maine, Cape Neddick, Maine The reimagined Cliff House Maine takes casual luxury right to the edge. This landmark, 226-room hotel, which has held its scenic spot over Cape Neddick since 1872, welcomes a new generation with treatments at The Spa at Cliff House, inspired by the wild and free elements of Maine. Bask in the views from the infinity pool or the private terrace of your seaside-chic guestroom; book one with a fireplace. You can hit dozens of trails, go sailing or even join a traditional lobster boat, and there are games galore on the grounds. Gather in the evenings over craft cocktails and fresh seafood caught just offshore. Virtuoso Amenities: The usual Virtuoso amenities (upgrade on arrival subject to availability, early check in/late checkout subject to availability, complimentary Wi-Fi), plus daily Continental breakfast for two guests per bedroom ($60 breakfast credit per day. Gratuities not included), Cliff House Maine signature “Sea Bag” tote (tote is made in Maine from recycled sails, $145 value).
4. Ocean House, Watch Hill, Rhode Island Long a retreat of discerning travelers in New England, Ocean House, is a member of Relais & Châteaux, has been rebuilt from the ground up. The hotel features 49 luxurious guestrooms and 18 Signature Suites, reigning over 13 blufftop acres and a private white-sand beach with dedicated cabana service. Carefully re-created cornices and balustrades blend with historic centerpieces. Savor farm-to-table fare at COAST restaurant and learn the chef's secrets in culinary classes. Join a game of croquet on the lawn, or rejuvenate with an organic, seasonally inspired treatment at the OH! Spa. Virtuoso Amenities: The usual Virtuoso amenities (upgrade on arrival subject to availability, early check in/late checkout subject to availability, complimentary Wi-Fi), plus daily Continental breakfast for two guests per bedroom, $100 resort/hotel credit to be utilized during stay (not combinable, not valid on room rate, no cash value if not redeemed in full).
5. The Lodge at Spruce Peak, Stowe, Vermont The Lodge at Spruce Peak is a luxury ski-in/ski-out, four-season mountain resort offering 36 holes of golf, full-service spa, fitness center, heated outdoor pool and multiple dining and retail outlets. Located in Spruce Peak village, guests enjoy easy access to ice skating, the performing arts center, adventure center with climbing facility, zipline, treetop adventure course, and gondola rides. Accommodations feature balconies with mountain views, stone fireplaces and kitchens. Expansive slope-side private residences and townhomes are also available. The Lodge has received awards from publications including Condé Nast Traveler. Virtuoso Amenities: The usual Virtuoso amenities (upgrade on arrival subject to availability, early check in/late checkout subject to availability, complimentary Wi-Fi), plus full breakfast daily for two guests per bedroom in Solstice Restaurant, $100 food and beverage credit (not combinable, no cash value if not redeemed in full).